Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver
Shared Ground Farmers’ Cooperative (SGFC) is looking for a Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver to assist with our dynamic and growing farmer owned Cooperative. SGFC is a marketing and distribution cooperative owned by 7 farms in MN and western WI. We market our farms’ sustainably grown produce to restaurants, grocery, schools and other wholesale accounts in the Twin Cities and direct to consumers through a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
Shared Ground is owned by six Latino and one Anglo–owned farm and purchases product from 15 additional partner farms owned by farmers of varying cultural and ethnic backgrounds. A core social mission of the Co-op is a strong commitment to making environmentally sustainable farming a living wage job for any who chose to pursue it, specifically for minority and immigrant farmers.
The Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver will help ensure that all deliveries and product meet SGFC's high quality standards. This role will help SGFC continue its rapid growth, and ensure that the Co-op maintains its reputation for high quality product and excellent customer service while exhibiting the importance of a diversified supply chain to our markets. Our Delivery Driver interacts with our customers in person on a weekly or biweekly basis, so this position plays an important role in representing SGFC and its farmers.
Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver Job Description
1. Warehouse Management
a. Manage weekly deliveries of produce from farmers: ensure quality standards, keep appropriate records of all deliveries received, sign invoices, adjust POs as needed and appropriately label products with SGFC brand and lot code system
b. Abide by and maintain all appropriate Food Safety Standards and Organic Handling standards in cooler and warehouse, including following product storage guidelines, monitoring refrigeration temperatures, and maintaining cleaning records
c. Maintain a clean and organized warehouse space
d. Organize SGFC inventory, ensure proper rotation of product and perform regular quality control checks
e. Manage weekly donation delivery and composting of any product that is no longer sellable
f. Work closely with Directors of SGFC to implement any new systems pertaining to the efficient use of warehouse space and inventory management
a. Provide friendly, professional, safe, and timely delivery to all SGFC markets
b. Manage multiple customer, multiple-product deliveries using properly labeled product boxes
c. Organize and load the truck for each delivery
d. Correctly deliver all product according to invoices, receive buyer signature and return signed invoices following deliveries, noting adjustments when needed
e. Communicate any missed or added product to both buyer and SGFC staff in timely manner, so that invoices can be adjusted
f. Maintain Food Safety and Organic Handling standards during delivery, and record all maintenance needs of delivery vehicles
3. Other duties as assigned
· Demonstrated ability to manage warehouse and/or cooler space and manage a perishable product inventory
· Demonstrated ability to safely drive a large delivery vehicle in a metropolitan area. Current delivery vehicles include a small refrigerated van and a 24’ refrigerated box truck.
· Ability to pass a DOT health exam. No Commercial Driver’s license needed.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills and willingness to go above and beyond
· Organized, great attention to detail, proven time management skills and tendency toward solution-based thinking
· Self-motivated; able to work independently and in a team to accomplish goals
· Ability to set goals and highly motivated to achieve them
· Flexibility and ability to work in a demanding, dynamic, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment
· Integrity, consistency, and ability to be flexible when needed
· Knowledge of fresh produce business including food safety and quality standards
· Passion for food, farming and working towards social, economic, and food justice
· Spanish fluency beneficial, but not required
This is an hourly, 30 hr/wk seasonal position for the 2018 growing season. Employment dates are May 21, 2018 – November 31, 2018 with primary days of work M, T, W, F. Possibility for additional hours after November, dependent on the length of the growing season. Competitive salary based on experience.
Start Date: May 21, 2018**
Please send a cover letter and resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.